Saturday, January 31, 2009

January 31st--

And now for the latest update:

I'm not even sure where to begin at this point. I've been here for 3 weeks, yet it feels like months.
-I've almost been robbed
-I've gotton in trouble with the police...nothing horrible, but still kinda amusing
-been eaten alive by mosquitos
-heard more hip-hop in the past 3 weeks than I've heard in 3 years
-seen a building explode and burn down.
-used green toilet paper
-eaten mango's fresh in the morning
-gone to a rock club
-gone to a hip-hop club
-eaten super wierd animals
-seen the poorest people i've ever met
-seen some of the richest people you'd ever meet
-have random political discussions with strangers at bus stops
-been to the second highest building
-sat down to eat and bargained for 'gifts' from the waiters
-had someone try to sell me a shirt for $80 when i usually wouldnt even pay $5
-joined the basketball team
-learned some guitar
-met crazy awesome people at our presidents innaugeration
-danced in a circle with a ton of locals when O'bama was innaugerated
-been cheered for being American more than I thoguht would ever happen
-had my political views completely turned around
-joined International Relations Forum
-been picked on by teachers for being american
-climbed on random buildings
-had power outages in the middle of class for a few hours at a time
-Explored around, and become addicted to running again
-I've outrun a Nigerian and a Ugandan, but I still have yet to out run a Kenyan, but I'll let you guys know when it happens
-anyways, sleep...

2 comments:

  1. hey you!

    I just got through reading all of your posts, and I found myself saying wow on a number of occasions.

    I think my college experience has been pretty awesome, but I really admire your adventure. I love the stories you write here (although how much of it is the truth I don't know... you do have a history). I feel as though I can relate, like I'm there, but then I also know just how far away I am.

    I love that quote by your classmate, btw. Pretty inspiring... I'm going to go out and learn something tomorrow, for serious.

    Have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you posted - it's really good to hear from/about you. It sounds like you're having the much-anticipated amazing experience you hoped for. It'll be interesting to see who you become. :)
    -Laurie

    ReplyDelete