Wednesday, January 7, 2009

KENYAAAAA...here I come...

Alright, so this is my last night I will spend on North American soil, and I am excited/nervous/erm whatever other emotions you could possibly come up with. I'm gonna go out, see the world, explore new places...and well yeah...get really confused. I'm gonna miss everyone, the places, the things to do, classes...well not really those 'cause i'll be taking some in Nairobi. Tomorrow morning I will wake up and proceed to spend 29+ hours in transit to a place that is 8013 miles from Chicago.

The Plan
January 8th, 2009
- 8:00 am (mountain time) go to Denver International Airport
-10:15 am (mountain time) fly to Chicago International
-flight duration: 2hrs & 45m
-01:35 pm (central time) arive at O'hare
3hr & 30 min layover at O'hare
-05:05 pm (central time) depart O'hare for Heathrow London
-flight duration: 7hrs & 35min
January 9th, 2009
-06:40 am (Englant time) arive in London
3hr & 25min layover in London
-10:05 am (England time) depart London for Nairobi
-flight duration: 8hrs & 30min
-09:35 pm (Nairobi time) arive in Nairobi.
and then the adventure of finding my place of residence...

Total travel time (counting time changes): 29 hrs... here's to a complete travel itinerary...

I've been asked a number of questions about Nairobi, so here are a few fun facts that are not actually answers to any questions...
Distance from Durango to Nairobi:
Time differnece between Nairobi and Durango: 10 hrs (Nairobi is ahead)
Distance from Chicago to Nairobi: 8013 miles or 12,896 km
Time difference between Nairobi and Chicago: 9 hrs (nairobi is ahead)
latitude: 1° 17' South
Longitude: 36° 49' East

Keep in touch, my email is blame.zeus@gmail.com, and i'll be checking facebook fairly often.
That's all for now folks, until next time
-Ellie/Gabi

2 comments:

  1. LOVE!
    You're going to have a TON of fun and so many great experiences. Granted, you've already started your terrific journey by now, but I'm so proud of you!
    Take care, my dear Pseudo-Little!
    MORE LOVE!
    You're uh_May(!)_zing!

    ReplyDelete